Monday, February 13, 2012

Blog Update: New Feature


I have big dreams that one day this blog will make it big*. In preparation for my future celebrity-ness, I decided to find myself my very own blog editor. I searched far and wide for the perfect individual, and only had one person interested finally found the perfect individual. He posses all of the qualities necessary to be my blog editor- 1. he has a Google account and 2. he knows how to read.

My new editor (he goes by Dad on his days off) wasted no time in offering suggestions. In addition to doing minute by minute updates and featuring a weekly "Why my Dad is cool" article, he also suggested that I add a comments section. Brilliant!! (Don't tell him I said that...it will go straight to his head**.)

I can't believe I overlooked such an important feature. How have you (my wonderful, smart, attractive readers) been able to cope with only being able to read this blog and not make any comments? It's truly amazing you've made it this far. 

So I did a little code editing (read: I Googled until I found exactly what I needed to copy and paste) and now the comments section is up and running. Yipee!

 For those of you who are new to Blogger (and blogs in general) here's a quick 'how to' on leaving super nice/friendly/encouraging comments:

1. First, comments can only be left on individual posts. You cannot comment on the entire blog.
2. Each post on the main page has a gray bar at the bottom. The first item on this gray bar is the link to the comment section. 

3. When you click on this link, you will be taken to the post page where you can leave your 
super nice/friendly/encouraging comment. 


4. Surprise! You're done. Now wasn't that easy? Kinda makes you want to try it out, huh?

Happy commenting!


*ABC/CBS/NBC - Call me...
** Looks like it's too late. He has since renegotiated his contract to specify that his fee be paid in Golden Corral meals. 

3 comments:

  1. John Mahoney (aka Grandpa and blog editor)February 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM

    Meg,
    Another great post (this is my "objective opinioin" subjective one to follow). You made it easy for us "commenters" out there to get busy and actually leave some for these magnificent posts. As for the conpensation package we spoke about..perhaps we could talk about it over lunch soon..(I have the perfect spot for a nice lunch..Mmm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally noticed I couldn't leave a comment before. Kudos on adding this feature...I love leaving comments on my fellow blogger's sites. So excited for you and Caleb and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great advice, mr. mahoney! i immediately had to jump to facebook to leave meg a message, but alas, we can now leave comments! thank you, and i hope you are well...

    meg - i love the blog - such creativity! hope you, caleb and baby h are doing well...

    when do we find out the name?!

    ReplyDelete