Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Double Dinner


I've been thinking a lot about the saying "Eating for two".

It's like the pregnancy rite of passage. One of the things I have been most looking forward to. Think of all the things I can eat guilt free (or not eat... Mexican queso..seriously?!)

I was even ready to accept my invitation to the the clean your and your husband's plate club. (I had my acceptance speech ready.."I would like to thank Sonic for making the wonder that is the Sonic Blast. Without you, I may have gone another week before having to switch to maternity pants. Sure they may not be as attractive as my other pants, but who knew they'd be so comfortable. THANK YOU!")

Turns out I'm eating more, just not all in one sitting. I may have my moments when a 3rd (or 4th or 5th) slice of pizza finds it way onto my plate but who doesn't, right? Right?

For the most part, I'm eating the same sized meals more often throughout the day. Occasionally I've even had more than one dinner. Maybe that's why I'm starting to look like this:

*Bella has been included for scale purposes only.

Baby is growing like crazy and kicking up a storm. Caleb and I are having fun imagining what he's thinking and doing with every jab. I'm pretty sure he's just asking for another Sonic Blast.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I can finally see that you're pregnant!! Looking very good too. I love the pics and always enjoy your blogs. You have a very good reason for eating more and gaining weight....I don't, so I guess while you're gaining I need to be working on losing!! Don't want to be a fat Grandma to be (G2b)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Editor in Chief aka DadFebruary 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM

    Gee the "dinner for two concept" is something new??? I thought that was the Golden Corral motto...speaking of which, Meg..it's about time that You broke down and treat Caleb and yourself to a nice buffet dinner for three.. (Let's not forget our little guy). I am glad you are realizing that you do need to eat more..Something the "food pusher" was telling you all the time before he reformed.!!! Great post by the way.. speaking strictly as your editor..keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete