Monday, August 13, 2012

My Life at 9 Weeks


Hi everybody! It's Remy.

Mom asked me to update everyone on what my life is like at 9 weeks and I am happy to share. Plus she's been really great at changing my diapers so I kind of owe her. Here goes...

Let's start with my two month pictures. I threw in an extra one because 1. Dad took such great pictures of me and 2. I'm writing this post so I can put in as many as I want.


Yes, that's me! Can you believe I can sit up? (With some assistance of course.)

Having a hard time remembering what I looked like last month? I've provided you a side by side comparison for your convenience. (And because I wanted to post another picture of yours truly.)



Now for the details..

I'm starting to really get Mom into a great schedule. She is learning fast when I am tired and puts me in my crib to sleep. She swaddles me up tight and turns on my new mobile so I have something to watch until I fall asleep, which doesn't take long if I'm not overtired. I take 3 naps during the day. A short one in the morning, a long one around noon and another short one in the afternoon. Mom tries to get me to sleep early at night, but I consider myself a night owl and won't even consider going to sleep until at least 11pm.

I'm smiling a lot now. And I throw in a few coos just to keep it exciting for Mom.  Mom says that sometimes I sound like I'm laughing in my sleep. I'm probably dreaming about taking a bubble bath, which I'm doing more often. They are a lot of fun, and a good way to wind down at the end of a long day. (Hey..it's not easy being this cute all the time!)

I found my hands the other day. I can hold them in front of my face and look at them. I am also trying desperately to get them into my mouth if only they would just stop moving so much! I've caught my thumb a few times and boy does it hit the spot in between feedings.

And my most recent news...

This morning, Mom found me in the bassinet on my stomach. I know... I was surprised too!

Uh oh...time to go. Mom says it's tummy time.

3 comments:

  1. Remy, for a little fella who can't even read or talk yet, your blogging is just as good as your Mommy's! And boy what a difference a month can make. Sitting up and rolling over, what are you planning for next month? Can't wait to see you on Thursday, and of course your Mommy and Daddy too. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Remy,
    Hey Little Buddy..Great job on your blog..don't forget I am available as "technical assistant" for your future blogs, (You must have gotten your great blogging skills from Mom). I would make one suggestion...perhaps you should mention to Mom and Dad that you will be needing a larger chair soon for your pictures..Your feet will soon be over the chair arms!! What's going on with that "tummy time"?? I already have enough gray hair..let's not help make it grayer..so be careful..See you next week..and get to bed earlier !!
    Love,
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Remy. I noticed no one mentioned your typing skills?? Listen I am very impressed, especially since you JUST noticed your hands. Way to go, little guy! Very proud of you. Keep up the good work. We all love you, and I of course understand the trials and tribulations of being cute. It's quite frankly exhausting. Have a good day exploring new things. Don't get into any trouble!! Love, Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete