Monday, September 10, 2012

The Rehearsal


This is a big week for us.

Not only is it the last week of my maternity leave (which means I need to get moving on my to do list I've been compiling) but it is also our dress rehearsal for day care.

Cue the emotional breakdown tears.


Here's what I was expecting this morning when I dropped him off. Luckily, Remy didn't shed a tear. I can't say the same for myself.
When I finally realized that going back to work was unavoidable (meaning we did not win the lottery), I decided that I would ease our family back into the real world one baby step at a time. My plan? To build up Remy's time at the day care over the course of this week. Hopefully this will help him (and when I say him I mean me) transition into his new routine. Cause let's face it, I'm totally panicking a little nervous about going through Remy withdrawals. 

So I have a bit of time to kill this week. I'll be staying busy so I'm not watching the clock and counting the minutes (only 87 more until I pick him up today!) Who knows, I may even make several appearances here.

Until then, I'll most likely be looking through these.

Remy loves his swing!

One of my favorite things is the Remy stretch. 

Look what we caught in our tub! 

He looks all grown up in this shot. What happened to my baby boy?!

Hanging out with Dad. 

Sniff.

Somebody get me a tissue.

4 comments:

  1. Since I'm here witnessing this event, I have to say I was very proud of you for doing so well handling this, and I am referring to both Mommy and Remy! It's an adjustment but you'll both be fine. Love the pictures you chose. Perfect! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets a little easier every day, trust me. Let yourself cry as much as you need to though..it's part of the process. I'll be thinking of you. Us working moms have to stick together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Meg,
    Gee Remy is taking the transition very well..(maybe even better than you..hehe). I am sure he will do fine, as always, and hopefully you will follow his lead. The time has flown by so fast. Yes He is looking like a little boy and not a baby any more..and that is the cutest "tub creature" that I have ever seen!! At this rate, he will soon be driving himself to school..Great pictures!!!
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely loved these pictures...he is so adorable. And obviously he takes after his parents!! Just got a chance to finally see these. We had some prior commitments:)Mom told me how well you did preparing for going back to work, Meg. I also heard Remy sent you a little surprise appreciation of you taking such good care of him and allowing him to meet new friends!Love you and your sweet family. Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete