Sunday, April 15, 2012

April Showers...


..bring all sorts of goodies for Baby H. (and Momma too!)



While my first shower didn't actually occur in April, I decided to go with the title anyway since 1. it sounds better and 2. I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Let's not get hung up on the technicalities, OK?

A few weeks ago, Caleb and I made a quick trip to Florida to visit my Mom and her side of the family. Never to miss an opportunity to throw a good party, Mom decided to host a shower for me (and Baby H of course...since someone keeps reminding me this isn't all about me).



I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with some close family and friends as we oo'ed and ahh'ed over all of the cute baby "stuff".

Nana
From Left to Right: Aunt Susan, Sharon, Candy, Ginny & Nana

Seriously...check out how cute this stuff is!

I spy some cute little sunglasses.
Baby overalls? Yes please!
One GIANT panda!
Some Cardinal's gear with a baby sized bat. For decoration of course.
A custom cradle made especially for Baby H by a family friend.

Even grandma got some surprises!


Each gift was cuter than the next! Check out all of my our goodies here.

And I haven't even mentioned the food. A little bit of all of my favorites!


Cupcakes with pacifiers....
...and baby safety pins. 
When we finished the shower snacks, Mom and Bryan had some delicious homemade BBQ ribs and rotisserie chicken for everyone. I would have snapped some photos, but my hands were otherwise occupied. You'll just have to take my word for it.

We spent the rest of the evening taking turns holding the giant panda.....




... and waiting for Baby H to say hello.....



The day made for one happy Momma.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun time we all had! And 1st time I read this blog I didn't realize that if I clicked on the word "here" in the sentence "Check out all of our goodies" that I could see ALL your gifts. And once anyone reads this and sees all you ..sorry Baby H got, I'm not the only one who's going to say...Baby H needs a bigger closet! Don't know how you do what you do but great job as always. See you soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    you always seem to find some new "blog trick" with each new post..that makes my editor job a bit tricky..hehe. It looks like our little guy made out very well on your trip to Mom's. I tend to agree that the single closet may not be enough for his "stuff"..Perhaps it is time to clean out one of your's to make more room for him.. ( That addition to the nursery comment I made some time ago is starting to sound like it has potential.) In any event, It looks like you got some great gifts and I know there is more to come..( Is there a category for the "best dressed baby" anywhere??)
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete