Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm in the mood...


...for something sweet. Is anyone else hungry?

But you don't religiously read this blog to learn about my most recent cravings so let's move on to more interesting topics.

The Nursery. More importantly, the Nursery Mood Board.

Everyday across the internet millions hundreds a lot of women design and post what is commonly called a "mood board". Thanks to Wikipedia, I can tell you that a mood board is "a type of poster design that may consist of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition of the choice of the mood board creator. Designers and others use mood boards to develop their design concepts and to communicate to other members of the design team."  


Here are some examples of the different kinds of mood boards out there.


Craft Mood Board. Source



Fashion Mood Board. Source



Even a Mood Board for gift ideas. Brilliant! Source




You wonder how I know that it's women posting these mood boards? Because a man's mood board would look something like this:


Source


In between eating anything sweet I can get my hands on and poppin' Tums (yes, I'm eating them like they are candy thankyouverymuch!)  I designed my own mood board for the Nursery. 


Sources:
4. Plush Owl from Pier 1.
5. Take Me For A Walk (Boy) from Etsy
6. giraffes giclée print from Etsy
7. Monsieur III print from Etsy
8. Zigzag printed rug from Urban Outfitters
9. Hemnes Dresser from Ikea
11. POÄNG Chair from Ikea
12. changing pad cover from Carousel Designs

I already had the crib, dresser and chair. And as you can see in the images below, I have recently purchased the curtains, plush owl from Pier 1, rug, pouf and changing pad cover. 






The pouf is a little more red than I had expected and the changing pad cover has more blue than aqua in it but I'm very happy with the overall look. Of course, I still need to decide on bedding for the crib (without a bumper of course!). 

Luckily I have my very own personal shopper who will be visiting this weekend to help me finish this space. Some people refer to her as the best shopping partner ever, but I usually call her Mom. She's where I got my passion for shoppingThe hardest part will be keeping her focused on sheets and pillows when all she really wants to do is buy some "cute" baby boy "outfits". With options like this, can you really blame her?



        





3 comments:

  1. Meg,
    The room looks great already..I think you should have posted a "before and after Pic" to show how much you have accomplished for the little guy's room. I am glad you added the "no bumper" clause..We both know my thoughts on that. As far as eating sweets..again, you peak my interest.. as in banana shake..Mmmm. Good luck shopping..keep your shopper focused..The nursery needs to be completed soon..the clock is ticking..
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I haven't seen these...where can I buy them...so "cute"! I agree with your Dad, the nursery is coming along very nicely and you should post the before and after pictures...what a difference a baby makes. Looking forward to shopping for Baby H things. What fun! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg,

    You are looking wonderful and I hope all are healthy and good!

    Mr. M,

    You are not helping the stereotypical cop profile with your donut talk...;)

    Hugs to all,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete