Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bump It


Don't worry. This is not some elaborate ploy whereby I discuss a product at length in the hopes of receiving said product for free. (Seriously though, who would use one of these to fake what appears to me to be a birds nest?! Snooki - your secret is safe with me.)

I have happily entered into my third trimester of pregnancy. Where on earth did the time go?! I was so excited to get here, but now for the life of me, I can't remember why. We'll blame it on the pregnancy brain which has also contributed to forgetting my purse at home, having to turn around to make sure that the garage door is closed (TWICE!) and forgetting those..what do you call them. Oh, Yes! Words. Sometimes I just draw a complete blank.

Fortunately for others, it is no longer a question of whether I'm a little plump in the middle or pregnant. Thanks to the excessive amount of powdered donuts I've been consuming (in line at Walmart no less - classy I know), I no longer have to suffer through awkward conversations of people trying to determine if I'm pregnant. Take the other day at the dentist. After having sat in the chair for a good 5 minutes, the dental hygienist awkwardly asked "Uh..umm..has anything changed in your medical history that you haven't mentioned?" Well there was that donut coma I'm currently recovering from. Oh...and the pregnancy of course. Bless her heart.

When I told my doctor that I was convinced my stomach was stretched to the max, she laughed, looked at Caleb and said "Let's not tell her". Well that's comforting.

See for yourself.



Now where did I put those donuts?

2 comments:

  1. Not only do I love seeing your baby bump but love the outfit too. Very stylish! Can't wait to see y'all in person tomorrow night and feel little Baby H's kicks. Going to the store tomorrow to stock up on powdered donuts.....or creme puffs? Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Meg,
    In my humble opinion, probably the best post yet..any blog mentioning donuts so many times is certainly a winner for me..especially those cold glazed ones..Mmm (ring any bells Meg??). You look great with your "little guy" bump..even though Caleb and You were nearly arrested during the picture taking process..(crazy old people !!). I am hoping that your little guy will grow up with a strong liking for donuts..Mmm. Take care and enjoy your weekend.
    Love,
    Dad..the donut king..

    ReplyDelete