Sunday, January 22, 2012

Anti Deja Vu


I like to shop.

And if you know me well, you know that is a huge understatement. It's true. I love shopping. L-O-V-E it. It's my one and only hobby (at least until this whole blog thing goes global). I come from a family of shoppers. It's what we do. I could go every weekend (and I have, much to Caleb's dismay).

So I went today, on the hunt for something new and fun. I was all over town, and willing to give everything a chance. (Mustard yellow silk blouse? Sure...why not?). Halfway through my shopping expedition, in what seemed like the millionth dressing room, I had a moment. We'll call it an Anti Deja Vu moment.

Old Navy  Women's 3.4 Sleeve Button- Tab Top
Cute right? 


There I stood, holding my yellow blouse and it hit me. I remembered all of the times I had found the perfect skirt/shirt/pants. Maybe it was something I knew I couldn't live without. Or maybe it was something that was just such a great deal that I couldn't pass it up. Either way, I knew I needed it. There was, however, only one minor problem. The skirt/shirt/pants were just a smidge too small. "No problem" I'd say to myself. I could easily remedy that with a few salads instead of milkshakes this week. Or maybe a few extra runs. I'd make it work, and man...would I look great!

Raise your hand if you've experienced a moment such as this. Ok...hands down.

None of the items I tried on today fit, but I knew I needed them anyway. If I didn't buy them now, I would wake up one day and never forgive myself (don't you hate when that happens?) Here's the thing, none of the items were too small. There were in fact all too big. I had to consciously imagine how said skirt/shirt/pants would look when I'm 6 months pregnant. What about 8 months (would it even still fit!?) I was overcome with pure joy. To think that I would actually have to GROW into my clothes. This, my friends, was my Anti Deja Vu moment. I could get use to this.

So...after all this talk about fitting into my clothes, you're probably wondering how I'm doing in the whole baby bump department (I know, it's like I have ESP). Lucky for you, I travel with my own personal photographer (who plays my wonderful husband in real life). Here are some photos he's taken over the last few months to help us remember how I've grown.






How about you? Ever find yourself in an Anti Deja Vu moment doing something completely different than what you're used to?

No comments:

Post a Comment