Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Earning your wings


16,443 miles in 5 months. Sounds like a lot right? It is. It's like traveling from Nashville to Paris (France Bien sûr!) Twice


I know what you're thinking, and no, I did not take up a part time job as a stewardess..uh..I mean flight attendant. 


About a month prior to coming down with a severe case of Baby Fever, I became a real life Project Architect. Turns out I was the only person crazy enough to volunteer selected to inherit a few healthcare projects at my office. This was it! Everything that I had worked for was now becoming a reality. Of the many benefits of being a PA, I now have to work nights/weekends and am suddenly the sole person responsible for the project being excessively over budget (I did secretly convince the Gypsum Board manufacturer's to raise their prices). I have also found that another "perk" to becoming a PA was travel, because everyone dreams of getting re-routed through Denver during a winter weather advisory. Take that Frank Lloyd Wright.




My Travel



Since September, I have taken 10 trips and luckily I did not have to go at it alone. Baby H has been a committed companion. (I think he does it for the peanuts and free drinks. Can you blame him?!) Overall, he's been a good travel buddy. Our only issue has been when, on the rare occasion, I get stuck with a middle seat. Baby H seems to instinctively know and conveniently relocates to provide adequate pressure on the bladder. Thanks little man.  


Our traveling is not even near complete. We are currently in College Station, Texas for a few days and have a trip planned to Oklahoma City next week. We will also be making monthly visits to Oklahoma City until one of two things happen: 1. I can no longer fit in the seat or 2. We get banned for eating all of the peanuts. 


So here's to you baby boy. For being a great travel partner. I'd say you've earned your wings.








No comments:

Post a Comment