Monday, January 30, 2012

★ Decision 2012 ★


*Hi, my name is Meghan, and I approve this message.*

It's time to get serious. Over the upcoming months, a lot of important decisions will need to be made.  There are a lot of choices out there, though it may not seem like it on the surface. Questions will be asked and research done to find the best of the best.

This is your front row seat to the complete coverage of...

★ Decision 2012: Project Nursery ★

After exhaustive time spent online (I'm pretty sure I reached the end of the internet twice during my searching), I've managed to make a few decisions to get the ball rolling.

First up, the crib. I definitely wanted something modern with clean lines and I knew I wanted white. I found a few reasonably priced options at (of all places) Walmart and Target. Of course, since we have recently switched teams (from blue to red) I opted for the Target crib. Here's the Babyletto Modo Crib.


Babyletto Modo Crib

Next is the dresser. I've always (well maybe not always, more like since October) liked the idea of a long dresser with a colorful changing mat on top. Again, I wanted something modern and white and discovered the Hemnes dresser from Ikea. I will be on the lookout for some fun knobs to use in place of the ones that come with the dresser.

Image from here.

Image from here.

Finally (already?! but this is only the third item!) we currently have two of the Ikea Poang Chairs and I'm thinking about using one as the rocker/glider. It is extremely comfortable and has a high back so Caleb can rest his head while he's rocking Baby H back to sleep after a late night feeding. (This is a test to see if Caleb even reads this thing.)

Ikea Poang Chair



Now that I have selected the main items for the room, I am excited to narrow down my ideas for colors and accessories. I am also going to tackle the dreaded baby registry. As any new mom can attest, it is amazingly hard to determine what exactly you'll need for a new baby (bottles and bouncers and strollers...OH MY!)

Stay tuned for up to date coverage of ★ Decision 2012: Project Nursery ★.










No comments:

Post a Comment