Sunday, April 29, 2012

Showing off the Awesomeness


I wanted to take a few minutes (I could take a whole hour, but I"m pretty sure that anything over 15 minutes is considered bragging..and nobody likes a bragger) to tell you how incredibly awesome my husband is.

This past weekend, I was one proud wife cheering on my hubby who participated in the Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon. 



As some of you may know, we are no strangers to half and full marathons. Caleb has even participated in a few triathlons. Awesome right?! I know. Check us out!

The Nashville 1/2 Marathon is our favorite race to run (to date) and has been growing in popularity over the years. This year, over 27,000 people participated in the event (including Sheryl Crow). The course weaves its way through some of the most popular parts of downtown Nashville.




Of course, we couldn't call it the "Country Music" marathon without the 12 bands that perform live throughout the race.



So I wasn't surprised when I saw Caleb run by smiling....

Caleb at .5 miles.

Caleb at 3 miles.

And it's not just the runners who have all of the fun. Being a spectator can be pretty fun too. Check out all of the crazy things I saw... 

Yehaw!

Out of thousands of people, I actually remember this guy from last year.

It's not a marathon without a sighting of Elvis. (I saw two)

We salute you Mr. Marathon runner.

P.F. Chang's race the dragon. If you finished the race before the dragon did, you get a free meal. 

I nominate these guys for best dressed.
But let's get back to the awesomeness that is my husband. Not only did he finish 13.1 miles in under 2 1/2 hours while making it look effortless..


...he also dedicated his run to the American Cancer Society and pledged to raise $100 for each mile he ran. Please visit his personal page for more information and consider making a contribution to help benefit those whose lives have been touched by cancer. 




Congrats to my husband on another milestone completed! I knew you would do an amazing job just like always. Looking forward to running with you soon.


2012 Nashville Country Music 1/2 Marathon.









4 comments:

  1. Dad (soon to be Grandpa, Blog Editor, etc)April 30, 2012 at 6:58 AM

    Meg,
    Great job on the blog and fantastic job by Caleb. The pictures were great ( I was exhausted just looking at all that running). Just the concept of running that far is certainly awesome, but to do it for the cancer society is wonderful. I will be visiting Caleb's page to donate. Congrats to him!!!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Caleb! Geez, some people make it look so easy...I made finishing a half marathon look about as easy as finding life on Mars. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog and pics about Caleb. We're all proud of him for once again participating in this worthy cause. And this is great that you have these pics to show Baby H what an "awesome" Daddy he has. Congrats to Caleb and good job Meg! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so cute and healthy. Makes me annoyed just watching you. :) As always, the pictures and witty commentary by the blooger (Meg) on this post is just an enjoyable way to take a break during the day. Thank you again my wonderful cousin for making my work day go by just a little quicker. NOW BRING ON BABY H! Can't wait to see him! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete