Sunday, May 6, 2012

so close....



....to meeting our little guy and we can't wait. Less than a month now until the due date (where did those 8 months go?!) Caleb and I have finished our baby classes (childbirth, breastfeeding & infant care) and are officially ready to practice our parenting skills (or so the teacher said as she handed us our graduation certificate). We are totally freaking out ready for this.

Caleb practicing the diaper change. It can't be that bad...right?
Caleb trying on the sympathy belly. He's not looking too sympathetic is he? All of the girls in the class agreed that although the weight (about 30 pounds) was accurate, the actual size of the belly wasn't. 


...to finishing the nursery. Caleb and I spent the weekend working on the nursery. We put up the curtains and shelves and got somewhat organized. All that we need is some art for the walls. Oh...and a baby of course!







...to being able to see my feet again. I have gained 35 pounds so far, and I feel it in everything I do, including breathing. I even look big standing next to a truck! 


Maternity photos by Amanda McNeal. More to come in a later post!

...to getting back to doing the things I enjoyed. Like working in the garden. My plants are begging for some attention that I am unable to give. The recent 90 degree temps combined with my current energy level (nonexistent) means it will be a while before they get any lovin' from me. Good thing I have myself a certified ...err...creative landscaper.

His newest creation, our Dr. Seuss bush. I smile every time I see it.

...to finding new things I enjoy. With Mother's day only a week away, I must admit I am so excited about becoming a Mom. 

2 comments:

  1. Meg,
    I say forget that architect job and become a writer..You certainly have a talent for it!!! A great blog..and the pictures are perfect. Please keep the ones of Caleb for future use, as I am sure Baby H will want to view them sometime.. The nursery looks fantastic..and very soon you will have a baby to use it..As for Mothers day approaching..get ready to enjoy this special day for the rest of your life..You are going to be a fantastic Mom..
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you're so close to the end of this journey.....pregnancy....and the beginning of another one of being a parent. You two are going to be great parents and Baby H is a very lucky little boy. The nursery looks like it should be in a magazine! And as I said before, you look a lot better with the baby bump than Caleb does..no offense Caleb! So I'll be seeing you soon dear and can't wait to be there to say hello to your son!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete