Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mommyhood Glory


I hope all of the Moms and Moms-to-be out there had a great Mother's Day! Thanks to everyone who sent their love and wishes to me on such a special day.


I was a little apprehensive about Mother's Day this year. Without our baby boy here for me to hug and kiss, hold and cuddle, could I really celebrate this special day?

Why yes, yes I can.

Because you don't become a Mom the first time you hold your baby and look into his eyes. Or after you've changed the millionth diaper and made it through another sleepless night (that's when you receive your medal). You become a Mom the first time you hear his heartbeat and see his picture. The first time you talk to him, and feel him move when he recognizes your voice. The first time you realize that right now, you are the only thing in this world that he has ever known.

I became a Mom 36 1/2 weeks ago (but who's counting? Oh right..I am). I am filled with such joy and love for this little guy that I haven't even met yet.

And here I am in all of my Mommyhood Glory. (With my guy who's also pretty excited.) **


Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography

Photo by Amanda McNeal Photography.
I am a Mom. And I'm going to celebrate.


**A special thanks to Amanda McNeal for so beautifully capturing our love and joy! To see more of her amazing work, visit her website here.

3 comments:

  1. Meg,
    Well stated and a tribute to all the "Mothers in waiting" !! The pictures are great. The three of you,(let's include the main character here), look fantastic..Thanks for including some of my favorites here..The clock is ticking..
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah Hartwell SmithMay 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM

    BEAUTIFUL pictures and awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg you are absolutely right.....you already are a Mom and you said it so beautifully too. You are going to be great (Caleb too) and your little guy is soooooo lucky. Loved the maternity pictures and you picked out my favorites! See you soon for the big event!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete